Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Birthday

My baby is turning seven today.  Yes, time has flown by, but it's been filled with so much goodness.  Lately, she says, "i love you mom",  instead of mama.  It's sad, but it was bound to happen.  If I remind her she will often revert back to saying mama.  Her vocabulary is getting bigger.  I stop and have to ask myself if she actually just said that!


When she was still in my belly, I started a journal.  It was one of the best things I did.  I wrote in it when I got back from the doctors, when we decorated her bedroom,  and when we found out she was a girl.  I still have the list of possible names in the journal.  After she was born, I wrote about her birth.  Over the next few years, I wrote to her on her birthdays, and on her first day of school.  The other night I pulled the journal off the shelf and snuggled up  in bed with her.  We read each page.  She loved it.  She laughed at the drawings her sisters made of her in my belly, and the funny things they said "Oh, my fat little one".  They were referring to her not ME!  I'm so glad that I took some time to write to my girl.  I only wish I had written in a journal for our other two daughters.

1 comment:

  1. Please wish your daughter a Happy Birthday from the Lavoie's....Hope you all have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete