Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 28, 2011

Childhood Treasures

Pins were an important accessory to my coats and sometimes my sweaters when I was little.  I found a couple dates on the back of two pins, 1980.  I was just starting out in school.  My mom would make sure when it was Spring my chick pin was on my spring coat.  It said "Happy Spring".  When Christmas rolled around, my dresses and sweaters would have a Santa Claus.  Then there was Mickey and Strawberry Shortcake.  I don't know about you, but I have a hard enough time just to get everyone ready in the morning and out the door without remembering to put a pin on one of my girls' outfits!  Maybe, it was because I was the only girl!  Did you wear cute little pins?

3 comments:

  1. I have the same strawberry shortcake pin, the small one! I used to wear it on my denim vest!

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, we were all about pins! I had some on my denim jacket & I'm pretty sure one of them was strawberry shortcake too :)
    what happy treasures! xo

    ReplyDelete