Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 24, 2011

Freezer Cooking

I know, another post about freezer cooking.  I'm getting really into this cooking ahead concept.  I have weird feelings about purchasing boxed food for my family.  I have bought so much of it and it is starting to get to me.  I want to know what goes into their bellies.  Sometimes though, I feel like it is such a huge task to make homemade food.  Freezer cooking has been great for our family.  When I have a few spare moments I tackle my freezer cooking list.  I know if I did it for a big chunck of time I'd get tired and not bother.  Today I spent a couple of hours tackling my list.  I ended up with:

1 loaf of chocolate banana bread
24 oatmeal muffins
10 waffles
1 batch of rice krispies
1 chicken in the crockpot (for soup and extra chicken for another meal)
spaghetti noodles (for soup and extra for this week)
I made one huge pot of chicken soup

A few things:


The chocolate banana bread was found on the http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ website.  It is so good.  I will definitely cook my chicken in the crockpot again. It turned out very moist.   I didn't take a picture of the cooked chicken.  It really didn't look that appealing!     

No comments:

Post a Comment