Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 30, 2011


Last evening it poured.  It was just what we have been waiting for.  The sound of the rain hitting our tin roof was soothing.  I was in the kitchen fixing fried rice watching the rain jump off the ground as it hit.  Water was flowing down our dirt road.   Then I realized I needed carrots and that we were out of eggs.  I found my garden shoes and quickly put my jacket on and went out the door.  Pulling carrots in the rain was actually kinda fun.  Thankfully, when I made my way to the coup I found 2 eggs.  Exactly what I needed.  This is why I love where we live.  For moments like this.  Walking back in the door with food for our family from our backyard.  As a mom, it made me feel very thankful.  The fried rice was excellent as usual.  If you'd like to make it, hop over to http://www.digthischickmt.com/.   She has a lovely blog.  One of my daily must reads! 

No comments:

Post a Comment