Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 26, 2011

Facebook, Blogs, and Martha Stewart

This past year my business grew more than I could have imagined. I am ever so grateful. By December I could feel myself becoming overwhelmed and still wanting to do fun crafty things with my daughters. So I decided that I needed to examine parts of my everyday life that were being wasted. I first started with our DVR. I had 65 Martha Stewart shows waiting to be watched. Yes, I did and it drove my husband crazy! I asked him to delete them all. He thought I was joking. I love Martha, but i knew that I didn't want to take the time to catch up on all those episodes. Next, was my google reader. I had 350 posts to read. I took 10 minutes and went over the blog list twice. Now I'm all caught up and I am left with just my absolute favorites. Now comes the touchy subject of Facebook. I know many people love it to communicate with family and friends. I enjoyed it too. I would check it each morning as I was making my coffee. Then whenever I had a chance throughout the day. It was getting to be too much. I started to think about if i really cared about much of what was being posted. I deleted all my friends. Gasp! My close friends know my email and guess what? That is enough. I kept my Facebook business page for shop updates. I feel like I have done a bit of mental spring cleaning. It's been a couple days and it feels great:)

No comments:

Post a Comment