Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Corners in my home

We have a lot of solid pine and cherry walls in our home.  I really can't bring myself to paint them.  If I did, it would change the whole look of the house and what if I hated it?  It's not worth taking the chance so instead, color is added in other ways.  This wall came together the other day with very little money spent.  My kind of project.  Here's a run down:

Old church pew-free
Mirror-was in the family
Chair-$1, spray paint$1, fabric $4, batting $2.
Canvas-pack of 10 for $15 at Michaels (still have 3 left), acrylic paint $3.
Pillows-I made from fabric scraps, linen.
Baskets-Repurposed from another room, love that.




This wall makes me happy for so many reasons.  It only cost me $26 out of pocket.  The art work was done by two of my three daughters, this personalizes our space .  We store libray books and crocheting in the baskets under the pew.  What corner in your house makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment